Create your own Critical Role campaigns with this sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game!
Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount provides everything you need to play Dungeons & Dragons on the continent of Wildemount (set within the world of Exandria)—a land of war, betrayal, and swashbuckling adventure.
[su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786966912/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=enduranceonli-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=0786966912&linkId=775077aba407d12394ad1092d350fe92″ style=”flat” background=”#49cbe1″ size=”5″ wide=”yes”]Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount from Amazon[/su_button]
A war brews on a continent that has withstood more than its fair share of conflict. The Dwendalian Empire and the Kryn Dynasty are carving up the lands around them, and only the greatest heroes would dare stand between them. Somewhere in the far corners of this war-torn landscape are secrets that could end this conflict and usher in a new age of peace—or burn the world to a cinder.
Create a band of heroes and embark on a journey across the continent of Wildemount, the setting for Campaign 2 of the hit Dungeons & Dragons series Critical Role. Within this book, you’ll find new character options, a heroic chronicle to help you craft your character’s backstory, four different starting adventures, and everything a Dungeon Master needs to breathe life into a Wildemount-based D&D campaign…
· Delve through the first Dungeons & Dragons book to let players experience the game as played within the world of Critical Role, the world’s most popular livestreaming D&D show.
· Uncover a trove of options usable in any D&D game, featuring subclasses, spells, magic items, monsters, and more, rooted in the adventures of Exandria—such as Vestiges of Divergence and the possibility manipulating magic of Dunamancy.
· Start a Dungeons & Dragons campaign in any of Wildemount’s regions using a variety of introductory adventures, dozens of regional plot seeds, and the heroic chronicle system—a way to create character backstories rooted in Wildemount.
Explore every corner of Wildemount and discover mysteries revealed for the first time by Critical Role Dungeon Master, Matthew Mercer.
Release Date: 17 March, 2020
This book’s contents include the following:
- An expansive Wildemount gazetteer.
- Descriptions of the major factions of Wildemount.
- Player options that include new subclasses, new spells, and a tool to help players deeply integrate their characters into the setting.
- New magic items, including weapons that become more powerful to match their wielders.
- New creatures native to Wildemount.
- Four introductory adventures—one for each unique region of Wildemount.
Largely written and helmed by Matthew Mercer, the Dungeon Master of Critical Role and creator of the world of Exandria, this 304-page book features work by talented designers, writers, and artists from the D&D and Critical Role communities.
Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount is an expansive, vivid campaign setting anyone can enjoy regardless of their familiarity with Critical Role, and an open invitation to make the mysteries and dangers of Wildemount your own
- 304 pages of material that will help you create your own dynamic campaign set within Exandria’s mystery-laden continent of Wildemount
- Four starting adventures, set in four different regions of Wildemount, which are full of terrifying discoveries and dangerous secrets. These adventures have been designed to take your adventuring party from level one to three
- Three brand new subclasses: Echo Knight, Chronurgist, and Graviturgist
- A guide to dunamancy magic, including new dunimantic spells!
- 23 brand new creatures for your heroes to encounter (if they’re lucky…or not, depending)
- Descriptions for brand new magic items and Wildemount’s legendary Vestiges of Divergence
- A guide to the calamitous history of Wildemount
- An extensive breakdown of the Wildemount pantheon, featuring idols and demigods that exist outside of the pantheon
- A breakdown of the major and minor factions found in Wildemount and important figures within each faction
- A gazetteer replete with locations familiar to Critical Role fans (alongside curious locales only hinted at in bygone lore)