"The ascent to greatness, however steep and dangerous, may entertain an active spirit with the consciousness and exercise of its own power: but the possession of a throne could never yet afford a lasting satisfaction to an ambitious mind.”
– Edward Gibbon, The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
The deepest pool is found with a wayward step, and boy did we step in it this week. In what certainly becomes a two-parter, we begin by asking the question of handling borders, and find ourselves neck-deep in a thorough dissection of the histories of Aevum Tertius. Enjoy!
Have some of your own thoughts? Join the Aftermath on r/thelorekeepers!
- Yeva, the first city and the fate of the Knowing: S1.1
- The Shrouded Empire, the first "nation: S1.2
- the Avireal, the dream-legends of elves: S1.15
- En’golin, the First mecca of the distant Maker: S1.20
- Strife-spire, the cause of millenia of conflict: S1.25
- Spans, the primal entrapment: S1.34
- The Nine, defenders of the Nineflow: S1.37
- The Eight, the dragons, the Aspects, and the macrowar: S1.67
Mentioned in this episode, expounded on in the Record of the Lorekeeper:
- Sigils, Glyphs, Runes
Want to learn more about Halûme? Got some ideas of your own? Join the conversation at www.reddit.com/r/thelorekeepers or by visiting our homepage at thelorekeepers.com and clicking on "Visit World"! Note that it may not render properly on your browser. If so, try using Chrome.